Do You Love the Truth?
The lost are those who have been deceived by unrighteousness, and the reason they are deceived is because they do not have a love for the truth (2 Thess. 2:10). Love of the truth is therefore critical.
There is a significant and discernible difference in claiming to love the truth, and actually loving it. The question, then is, “Do I really love the truth?” The following questions are asked with that question in mind.
- Does he love the truth who does not seek it?
- Does he love the truth who knows it, but does not obey it?
- Does he love the truth who professes to obey it, but doesn’t like to hear it?
- Does he love the truth who never wants to talk about it?
- Does he love the truth who does not carefully distinguish it from error, especially from the error that resembles and represents itself as the truth.
- Does he love the truth who, for it, has never given up anything he desired?
via The Beacon