ADMONITIONS TO PARENTS OF TEENS
- Always Be Consistent with Teens. Don’t compromise your standards just because they wear you down with asking.
- Live What You Expect of Your Teens. Don’t expect something of them you are not willing to do yourself.
- Don’t Throw Up Your Hands When You Fail. Like adults, teens can be tempted. Evil companions corrupt good morals. It takes lots of time, love and understanding to raise up a child in the way of the Lord. When you fail, pick yourself up and go on.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Say “I Was Wrong.” Oftentimes that is the hardest thing to do but parents are human and teens will respect you for it.
- Last, and Certainly Not Least, Pray! What parent goes to bed without praying for his/her children? Prayer is one of the most important things to help parents make it through the teen’s years.